Google SEO Agency
Life before Google was relatively straightforward for a digital agency in London. Twenty years ago, it was just a matter of identifying a few keywords and doing a bit of research to understand what your clients wanted to read.
Today, search engine optimisation is the foundation of online success. It has evolved rapidly, along with consumer digital habits, meaning marketing campaigns and strategies must continuously adapt to remain competitive.
As a specialist London SEO company, we not only understand the importance of succeeding in the digital world but most critically, how.
How does SEO work?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation, and this is the process of optimising your web content to generate traffic from the search engine results page. Simplified, this means creating your online content so that a search engine, usually Google, will feature your website as a top result.
Having a comprehensive SEO strategy is essential in today’s competitive environment. Over 90% of website traffic starts with an internet search query, so if your content isn’t optimised you could be losing potential clients to your competitors.
Search Engine Optimisation is more than just including keywords in your content. It uses a combination of tactics and strategies to ensure your website is ready to be promoted in search engines, enhancing your visibility and rankings. SEO is one of the best ways to raise online awareness of your business, leading to an increase in sales and revenue.
‘Google search’ and ‘Page 1 rankings’ are not just buzzwords; they are critical to the online success of your business.
Technical, On-Page, and Off-Page SEO
You may hear the phrases ‘Technical SEO’ or ‘On-Page and Off-Page SEO’ when you explore the world of search marketing.
Technical SEO is the process that ensures a website meets all the technical requirements set out by modern search engines and aims to improve your organic rankings and search visibility. It can cover sitemaps, link building, web design, and indexing, but doesn’t include the optimisation of content.
On-page SEO is the practice of optimising the content and source codes of web pages to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic.
Google and other engines are constantly crawling and evaluating websites so that they can present their searchers with the best results for their inputted query. This includes looking at how quickly website pages load, what your content is about, internal linking, and the security of your website. Therefore both On-page and Technical SEO will help the search engine understand your site, making it more likely to go up in the rankings.
Off-page SEO focuses mainly on inbound links to your website from other sites, which increases the authority of your domain. Natural links from other relevant websites give search engines confidence in your content, which again results in high rankings. Social media marketing efforts, including guest bloggers and customer reviews, which increase the quality and number of backlinks to your website are an essential part of Off-page SEO.
How can I improve my SEO 2021?
There are several steps to quickly improve your SEO and ensure you go up in the rankings, many of which are recommended by Google. While Google won’t tell us exactly how their algorithms work, they do share ideas on how to achieve higher rankings.
Unless you have a dedicated in-house SEO team, it is often best to use an SEO agency to make sure you get the best from your online marketing approach. While content creation and the design of web pages may not sound complicated, devising SEO campaigns, consistently monitoring your search rankings, and improving your technical SEO is both complex and time-consuming. Seeking support from SEO experts to make improvements is usually the preferred option for a business.
However, if you want to boost your digital marketing and SEO performance yourself, here are a few suggestions:
In the words of Google, better content means high rankings. So, one of the easiest ways to go up in the ratings is to make your content even more relevant for your customers.
To achieve this, focus on the EAT model – that is demonstrating your Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness to your audience. If visitors to your website experience high levels of EAT, this will lead to online success and increased business levels.
How do you boost your EAT score?
Here are a few tips to help you boost your EAT score.
- Support the claims or promises you make by including an authors name or providing their biography, as it allows your readers to determine the credibility of the author. This is especially important for any blog posts and social media marketing. Making bold statements without any reference to the source is likely to give you a poor score.
- If you post content yourself, then concentrate on building your personal brand. Having a great track record and positive personal reputation will encourage other websites to refer to you and your site. Clients will then view you as an expert, and trust your content which will boost the traffic coming your way, and ultimately, your conversion rates.
- Cutting or reducing any low EAT content is another strategy to enhance the reputation of your site. If you have a page that has low EAT scores and generates minimal traffic, then it is best to remove this, or, at least re-write it. This will protect your reputation in the long term.
- Don’t forget about security! Cyber-security plays a huge role in building trust with your readers, so if you have a page that has an insecure connection (one without an SSL certificate), then this will instantly ruin the user experience and lower your trustworthiness. Not having a physical address or a clear company name displayed on your site will do the same.
- Publishing relevant content is the number one way to enhance your SEO results, so make sure you do your keyword research! Keyword research allows you to understand what potential clients typically search for in Google; so if you are a healthcare provider in London, you can adapt your content to include the most common words used when customers are searching for London healthcare. Don’t go overboard though – an overload of keywords will damage the readability and flow of your content. The focus should be on creating a great reading experience for your clients, not for the search engine.
- Another effective search marketing strategy is to focus on high PR backlinks. This is when an alternative site which has a high level of authority features links to your webpage or website. It is the equivalent of a well-known expert personally recommending your service. Legitimately achieving these backlinks happens organically, not overnight, as you need to establish credibility and build relationships first. You may see some ‘black hat’ methods of link building out there, but do not be tempted by these underhanded SEO solutions. They will be uncovered by Google and other search engines and damage your reputation and rankings in the long term.
Is SEO still relevant in 2020?
Search engine optimisation is here to stay. While technology may change and SEO services and strategies adapt to keep up with these changes, SEO is still one of the most powerful digital marketing tools to drive organic search results.
Over 90% of online business begins with a search, so if you are serious about continuing, or growing your customer base, you can’t afford to overlook the importance of search engine marketing and an SEO strategy. If your website doesn’t appear on Page 1 of Google’s search results, then someone else’s site is!
How do I do search engine optimisation myself?
So, the big question is, can you do search engine optimisation yourself, or do you need to use a local SEO agency?
If you have a team that is experienced in search marketing and web design, then various aspects of search engine optimization can be done in-house. However, it is quicker and easier to hire a London SEO Consultancy to take care of these services for you.
Should you decide to tackle SEO strategies yourself, several online marketing resources offer assistance. These will give you the best results if you are already familiar with google analytics or a similar tool.
For on-page SEO: https://backlinko.com/on-page-seo
A great resource to learn the basics of search engine optimisation, including key terminologies, content marketing guidelines, website links and several tips to help you get started.
For backlink strategy: https://moz.com/learn/seo/backlinks
Once you have mastered the basics, the SEO specialists on moz.com will help you further understand the concept of backlinks and explain how you can use this in a campaign to improve your ratings. There are also various services available through moz.com which allow you to check your existing links.
For technical SEO: https://www.semrush.com/blog/seo-checklist/amp/
Semrush gives you an SEO audit list so you can create a targeted project plan to enhance your online performance. It looks at keywords, domain names, site speed, organic search results, web design, URL friendly data, tags, loops and much much more.
While you may be able to manage some aspects of content marketing yourself, most businesses get the best experience working alongside a search engine optimisation agency. These agencies can create an SEO campaign that is aligned with your overall marketing strategies, giving you a greater chance of success. Utilising an external team for your SEO services will also free up your marketing team to focus on other ways to develop your brand.
We are an experienced SEO agency, specialising in all aspects of white hat SEO services in London. We develop long-lasting SEO strategies across a range of industries, and we aim to enhance brand visibility and increase market share for our clients. Established in 1998, our experts have worked with a range of companies from budget-conscious start-ups and small businesses to multinational brands like Virgin.com.