Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
We are an SEO Agency based in Hammersmith, London
We first started promoting sites in search engines in 1998. This was before the birth of Google and at a time when there were several search engines, such as Yahoo, Alta Vista, Excite etc to focus on.
It was an altogether easier process of sticking keywords on the site and meta tags. How times have changed!
So what is SEO?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimisation is a process of strategies, techniques and tactics to increase a website’s search engine visibility, including rankings (position) in search engines. 80% of a website’s traffic begins with a search query.
Developing a successful SEO strategy for a business can help draw consumer traffic to as well as grow sales and revenue.
Technically, Search Engine Optimisation refers to the process of optimising your website so that it is ready to be promoted in search engines. But generally it is used to include all the activities required to promote your site.
- Technical SEO, the foundations of a website, including speed, code, and other technical issues.
- On page SEO, which refers to, page content, text, titles, and browser titles etc..
- Off page SEO, which refers to, digital PR, link building, content marketing etc.
All 3 work simultaneously, we can maximise our SEO results by making sure ALL types of SEO is implemented.
If you want to know more about this then please read our Definitive Guide to SEO
Competing with Big Brands
It’s amazing how many big brands get SEO wrong. It’s often easy to out manoeuvre larger competitors if you build and optimise your website with search engines in mind. We have plenty of examples where we have managed to help relatively small companies punch way above their weight.
Is it smoke and mirrors?
SEO or Technical / Onsite Page Optimisation is not smoke and mirrors. Nor is it about stuffing keywords and trying to trick Google. It’s about building and architecting your site in such a way that Google (or any other search engine for that matter) can read your content and understand your content. It’s that simple but few people get it right.
A word of advice if you are thinking about SEO
Most issues that clients face is that they design their websites first and then approach an SEO agency afterwards. This can mean a lot of lost time in fixing the site to make it SEO friendly as well as a lot of extra unwanted cost. Our most important piece of advice is to think about and discuss SEO requirements before you build your website. We are happy to help you in this vital process.
We are an experienced SEO agency in London, developing long-lasting SEO strategies across a range of industries since 1998. We worked with with budget-conscious start-ups and small businesses to multinational brands like Virgin.com.
A bit more detail:
What’s involved in an Onsite Website Optimisation ?
We’ll be checking for things like:
- HTTP access issues.
- International targeting using hreflang.
- Site speed, page speed & load time optimisation.
- HTTPS / HTTP/2.0 recommendations.
- Caching, compression & CDN issues.
- Redirects & Canonical issues.
- Site architecture & hierarchy.
- Internal interlinking & SILO structures.
- Broken external & internal links.
- Mobile SEO optimisation.
- On page content & duplicate content issues.
- Structured data & schema mark up.
- Extensive keyword research & optimisation of all pages.
What’s involved in an Offsite Website Promotion Strategy
An On site strategy should always be backed up with an Offsite Strategy. This involves:
- Content creation, seeding and marketing.
- Online & Digital PR.
- Ongoing site optimisation.
- Monthly reporting on metrics that matter.
Can you trust us?
There are SEO spammers out there ready to ruin your site for a quick buck: that’s not us.
Above all, we promise our SEO services are:
- Honest and ethical. We always use techniques that fall within search engine guidelines.
- Transparent. We take the time to explain what we’re doing and why we’re doing it.
- Effective. We benchmark our results and focus on driving actual sales and enquiries.
Where do we do it?
All our Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) work is carried out in house at our Hammersmith office in West London, W6. We do not out source our work. We are a team of about 15 people geared towards building our clients’ businesses and brands online.