Magento’s open-source E-commerce platform is one of the most popular and most powerful e-commerce solutions available and is an essential tool for developing sophisticated e-commerce websites.
Commissioning a well-designed, e-commerce website on a platform like Magento will enhance your customers experience, hold down maintenance costs and enhance profits.
Magento 1 or Magento 2
Support for Magento 1 was due to be stopped by Magento but this is has since been cancelled. Magento will continue to support Magento 1 but will not develop any further functionality and, of course plug in developers are now only interested in developing for Magento 2. So there is a strong argument for moving to Magento 2.
Migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2
At Datadial we continue to support Magento 1 sites but new development work is now in Magento 2.0 +. We have already migrated several sites from Magento 1 to Magento 2, see case studies below.
The advantages of Magento development are:
- It is feature rich with a lot of functionality already built in – so much of the hard work is already done.
- It is very SEO friendly and can easily integrate with your back office systems and major payment providers.
- The community edition of Magento is free.
- You can run all of your sites from one platform which is great for larger companies. This is particularly great for multi-lingual magento sites and multi-branded e-commerce stores (where different sites share the same inventory)
- Magento can handle virtual products as well as actual products just as well.
- Any bespoke functionality that you need include can be built in on request.
- Magento also links in easily with inventory management tools such as Linnworks, Orderwise, Cyrane
There are many enhancements in Magento 2, not to mention a much better user experience in the back end and much faster front end.